- I got a stomach bug so bad that 5 days in I ended up having to go to A&E over the bank holiday weekend (the only way to see an out of hours GP round here, do not recommend). Thankfully they gave me some anti-nausea medication and things eventually eased. I had to cancel a visit from a friend, a visit to see another friend, and a planned trip down to London for a team day and am feeling miserable and missing friends.
- Still recovering from an ME flare due to the bug, feeling generally low and exhausted, I slipped rather spectacularly on some moss on Friday, landing on my shoulder/arm which now hurts a lot and doesn’t work properly. I decided that A&E twice in a month had already been too much and three times in 6 weeks would just be ridiculous, so I’m sitting it out, hoping that nothing is broken and it will all just magically recover.
- I’ve read a few things: A Streetcar Named Desire (good? my imagination probably doesn’t compare to seeing the play), Ethan Frome (very good, but found the miserly woman consumed by her ill-health trope pretty triggering) and finished listening to Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, which I didn’t particularly like, but also: was fine. My spell of ill-health brought me back to Gilmore Girls - I binge-watched the first few seasons, cried where I always cry, laughed where I always laugh etc etc. Having enjoyed Piranesi so much last year, I’ve just started reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell - I’m not much of a fantasy gal, but so far this is great.
- Work has been gearing up to the release of a big story that I’ve been working on for a long while now, although with the Queen dying this week I’m guessing our deadlines might shift a bit. I’m generally trying to avoid the news / TV / social media etc since Thursday because it all makes me feel a bit alienated and insane.
- Luke made Katsudon with sushi rice last night, and I treated myself to one of those banana Muller corner yoghurts with chocolate covered cornflakes so all is not as bad as it sounds.